Monday, November 28, 2011

Siblings

     As you may have noticed by reading some of my other posts on this blog, I have spent time with both my mom's side and my dad's side of the family. What I've noticed on both sides is the relationships between adult siblings are either great or terrible. My aunt, for example is a wonderful example of an adult who has a great relationship with her siblings with whom she has grown up. She talks to them on the phone, takes their  kids out, and still remains close even though she doesn't live in the same area as them. It just seems so shocking and unreal to me that some people could just stop all contact with a person or people whom they have grown up with, their own family, for absolutely no reason, except time apart.

     I have a younger brother, and we always don't get along now. Honestly, he just gets on my nerves most of the time. But, I know that one day, when we are both more mature,  we will come to appreciate each other. I'm promising myself that I will be like my aunt, and will have a relationship with him, even after we both move, have families, and take different paths in life. After all, we are growing up together, we are family,  how could I just forget him?

No comments:

Post a Comment