Monday, November 21, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

Thanksgiving is this Thursday--I can't believe it. I usually eat at my grandparent's house, where everyone on my mom's side of the family congregates to eat, talk, and catch up. My grandparents make the best food and I usually go home stuffed. But unfortunately, my grandparents have retired and they are vacationing in Key West, soaking up the sun. This leaves me with no good food for Thanksgiving.
    
     Now, my mom is left to cook Thanksgiving dinner this year. My mom isn't exactly the best cook in the world, so this Thanksgiving might not be the best ever. There's will be a quiet, low-key Thanksgiving, with my brother and little cousins running the streets until someone calls them in. Then they will sit down, shove food in their mouth and run back out and play on the streets again. Sounds lovely, right? But, this will be the last year for me to spend Thanksgiving with them because next year, my mom is making different plans.

    I do have another option though. My cousins from my Dad's side of the family are visiting Philadelphia from California. I love being around them and it will be great to spend the holiday with them. If I choose this option, I would be eating at my uncle's house, which is bound to have great food. But, the food is not as important as the company, and both sides are great in that aspect.

   I have to make my decision soon, because Thanksgiving is fast approaching. I know that wherever I go I will surrounded by a family who loves me.

No comments:

Post a Comment